- This policy covers how TPC Associates, Inc., a Connecticut corporation doing business as “TPC Systems” (“TPC”) treats personal information that TPC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of TPC products and services. Personal information is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, mailing address, email address, or other contact information, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that TPC does not own or control or to people that TPC does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- TPC collects personal information when you register with TPC, when you use TPC products or services, when you visit TPC’s website, and when you enter TPC promotion or special offer codes.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, alternate email address, zip code, company name, and contact information. Once you register with TPC and use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- TPC collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners and affiliates, including information about your use of the products and services that we offer.
- TPC may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, TPC cookie information, and the page you request.
- TPC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize our website, advertising and content, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services and customer relations, to contact you, and to conduct research.
- Persons under the age of 18 may not register independently for TPC products or services.
- TPC will not contact persons under the age of 18 for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission.
- TPC does not ask persons under the age of 18 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to use a given product or service under the family account.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- TPC does not sell, rent, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, when we have your permission, and under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners and affiliates who work on behalf of or with TPC under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help TPC communicate with you about offers from TPC and our marketing partners and affiliates. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of TPC’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law;
- TPC may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- TPC will not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- TPC advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such a stores, airlines, and software companies).
- TPC may set and access TPC cookies on your computer.
- TPC may let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to TPC’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information
- You can edit your TPC account information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the TPC service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and newsletters, that are considered part of your TPC account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can choose to have TPC delete your record after account cancellation. Some information may remain archived in our system records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your TPC account information is password-protected.
- In certain areas TPC uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions.
- TPC encourages our customers to use SSH and SCP (secure Telnet and FTP) programs in order to better safeguard customer data.
- TPC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your TPC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
TPC Associates, Inc
ATTN: Customer Care
261 Pepe’s Farm Road
Milford, CT 06460